If you are trying to lose the last inches of belly fat, or body fat in general, and you are doing a weight loss program right now, ask yourself these questions:
- How long have I been on this?
- Am I getting the results I wanted in the time I wanted?
- Am I finding it hard to keep up with the program?
The reason why I am asking you these questions is that a lot of the time you may be trying to stick to the plan but you don’t get the results…so you think that maybe it’s because I need to do more exercise and more dieting…
I understand that. I was in the same boat a while back. But doing more is not the answer…in fact you may be already doing TOO MUCH in your weight loss program to lose weight.
What do you do then to change this?
The first thing is to realise that if you want to lose weight, belly fat and body fat you need to change what you eat and how you eat. Exercise is important but what you eat is MORE important.
But here’s the second thing…and it’s crucial:
Changing what you eat and how you eat to lose weight is hard…in fact almost imposssible if you spend all of your time trying to fight your natural urges and eating habits…yeah, the very habits that probably got you to the state that you are in…
You can’t fight them with conscious effort…because you just don’t have enough willpower to fight them all. So what you do instead is take the battle to them…
Fight habits with NEW habits!
So what I want you to do is consider these things for your weight loss program:
- To change what you eat, simply eat more times a day. As in spread out what you eat throughout the day – the habit you want to form is eating your 3 regular meals then a 4th at around 4 o’clock. It can be a light snack.
- Look at how you exercise. If you do more than 4 hours a week, lose 1 hours of exercise. And instead of doing the same exercise routines that you always do…add in something that will vary the intensity of what you do by 10% or more.
Try ONE of these things this week. And try it slowly. Building a habit takes about a month of effort, but the effort doesn’t need to be much.
You’ll find that your weight loss program becomes more effective if you concentrate on habits!